Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Favourite Dresses of Oscar 2008

To tell you the truth, I am not much of a fan of award shows, except for the show hosts who are usually funny but who appear in intervals, of which I don't have enough patience to wait.

However, I do have a couple of favourite dresses of the Academy Awards 2008.

First on my list, is Renée Zellweger who was wearing a silver sequined gown by Carolina Herrera.

The dress brought a touch of old Hollywood glamour to the event and accentuated her body really well. It reminded me of Roxie Hart, the character she played in "Chicago".

Second, is Hilary Swank. To me, there has always been a hint of masculinity in her.

However, in this picture (left) she looks feminine and radiant in a Versace gown. The whole look works for her.

All in all, I think most celebrities were shying away from taking risks thus the event were missing interesting surprises sometimes awaited for in red carpet events.

0 comments: